Thursday, August 2, 2012

Reverse: Back to the Beginning


This is the first and only entry from a blog I created the summer before freshman year!
Totally forgot I even wrote it. Man, the embarrassing things you say when you're 17.

"Do NOT and they mean it, DO NOT room with you best friend"
Yeah, we did it. L and I were roommates freshman year on the 5th floor Eagle Hall. This "dorm", I use that term loosely, was old and crusty. Luckily we decorated our walls with yummy GQ men and an obscenely large poster of David Beckham shirtless. Drool worthy.

All in all, I am very happy we roomed together. We only ran into a....minor set back but other than that, I had a BLAST my freshman year, especially with D living right downstairs!

Two infamously horrible events will be forever ingrained into my memories. Fire Alarms. Purple flip-slop falls.

"Ditch the high school sweetheart because even though you believe it will last forever, it won't."
I didn't have a high school sweetheart, but my friends did.

D & Ivan: broken up - I think we all saw this coming
L & Bhansali: trying to be JUST friends - saw this coming after that year
P and Susu: together - unsure about these two freshman year
     
"Dating. Boys. I don't really have a PhD. in the field."
Obviously, I was boy CRAZY or borderline obsessed! I was 17 give me a break!

But back then, I probably had a pre-school education about what boys wanted and what I wanted from boys. I'm talking about, just learning the ABC's and 123's of the dating world.

That year for me and boys was a ginormous FLOP. I was happy with the attention I was getting at the time but I put more importance on quantity over quality. I feel like I was trying WAY too hard, acting like someone I wasn't, that or I reeked of desperation stupidity freshman meat immaturity. But little did I know, the next summer I would meet my ex-boyfriend.

Boys have taught me a lot about dating, life, growing up, and most importantly, myself. Now I can say I kinda, sorta, maybe? have a nice grasp on the opposite sex. No more Google-ing "college dating tips" for me! I'm at a HIGH SCHOOL level and proud.  

No comments:

Post a Comment