Sunday, August 5, 2012

Intersection: My Cousin's Fiance (REWRITE)

Pinned Image
I rewrote yesterday’s blog post because it was not the quality I wanted it to be because I half-assed it last night, so here it is new and improved!
Walking into my cousin’s house, I had very little expectations when it came to her fiancé. All I knew about him was that he is Korean, graduated from the same college she graduated from, and what he looked like from a little “detective work” on facebook.
With these little clues, I painted a picture of him in my mind before the meeting. My mental image consisted of a very quiet and reserved personality, who is not the biggest social butterfly, which students from their college are notorious for.  
My dreams had also given me a completely different mental picture, a picture of MY perfect man. In my dream, my cousin’s fiancé was a tall, dark, and GORGEOUS Asian man. He understood my weird sense of humor and had an irresistible charm. To top it all off, he was an incredible dancer. I crossed my fingers hoping he wouldn’t turn out to be anything like this mental image or I’d have to home wreck an engagement.
Ringing the doorbell my Mom enters the house first. I head down the hallway and I see him, I extend my hand and introduce myself. His name is Henry, thankfully nothing like my dream. As the night drags on, I find out he is exactly what I expected. He is a good looking, short, small Korean boy, typical. But when I say small I mean small, he stands at probably 5’6” or 7”, my build would beat his size any day.
He is quiet and reserved just as I predicted, but very nice, I think he’ll be the type of guy who will treat my cousin the way she deserves to be treated.  
My Dad’s side of the family is notorious for being almost genius level smart (what happened to me?), so much so it hinders their social ability to a certain extent. The night was filled with many awkward pauses, questions, and statements whenever the adults were involved.
I am excited to have someone else,who is slightly more normal, join the family, even though his excitement probably does not even come close to matching mine!
Even though I’m writing about it, it is ridiculously hard to believe, surreal even, to think that my cousin will be MARRIED. I don’t think I will be able to grasp that concept for a long time. Hopefully the wedding, which I’m really excited for, will help it sink in….
Side Note: I found out they will be providing an open bar at their wedding, not just wine as I was previously informed, I think my excitement level just went through the roof.



No comments:

Post a Comment