Monday, September 17, 2012

Road Block: Arguments and politics


This semester I'm taking class on Freedom of Speech. It just got me really riled up about politics all of a sudden.

Recently, I have been really heated (more so than usually) about politics and my individual views.

In the past week I've been challenged, agreed with, and insulted.

There is one thing about these arguments that piss me off. That one thing is the misconception that I'm trying to call you stupid for what you believe in.

NO. NO. NO.

I'm trying to argue my point and try to make you UNDERSTAND my point of view. I would never call someone stupid because of what they believe in.

Although I may call WHAT you believe in silly, you are entitled to your opinion and so am I.

Case in point.

My friend T provoked by calling me "dang fool" for saying that I'm giving Obama my vote.

If you provoke me about politics, especially call me a FOOL, you are askjng for the argumentative bitch in me to fire all my knowledge at you.

He didn't even give me a chance to properly state my opinions nor did he really take anything I said seriously. Sucks being a girl in these situations....

Either way, I apparently offended him and I really didn't mean to, I was just defending my liberal viewpoint on that topic (welfare). And if he listened to me he would have found out I'm actually more fiscally conservative than liberal.

My Views

I will always be a democrat at heart because I believe it is better for the country as a whole. This way the government won't be able to infringe upon the rights of my gay friends, myself as a woman to choose, and scientists trying to further stem cell research to cure a disease my dad suffers from.

I will say I am more fiscally conservative and do agree with a few issues that they are for. But conservatives tend to be more blind to the view points of the majority because their constituents are mostly the old, the religious, and the rich all of whom are a minority groups.

Yes, it is my fault for coming off very aggressive and abrasive with my viewpoints and I'm trying to just keep them to myself unless provoked. I just really like this stuff! and I like to be taken seriously.

My word of advice to everyone is to do your own research.

Never believe ANYTHING you hear from the news, internet, and even your family. Because they are most likely getting their info from a bias source.

Be informed. Make your own decisions and form your opinions.

Because if you don't you'll just be another follower, a bitch to someone else's ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment