Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Green Light: A New School Year

my new room
And she's back!

I have been at school for almost a two weeks and I am loving it!

I guess the fourth time is the charm. The initial dread of coming back to school quickly wore off as I got into the swing of things. Hanging out with friends and drinking mostly added to my absolute delight of being back.

Maybe it's because of the awesome new town house!

Every other year when I got back to school, I would be hit with a small wave of depression. I was never satisfied with the social aspects of my life or with the direction of it. School I guess just kept making me see everything I didn't have, every unrealistic expectation I had of "college life" that I wasn't accomplishing.

Self Change

This year is much different. I walked away from summer being VERY self-confident. In all honesty, I just started not giving a shit.

I used to be very self-conscious. Not necessarily about the way I looked, like most girls my age, but about how people perceived me. I just wanted to be liked....I think.Whatever it was it always held me back from acting completely like myself and even from saying certain things. I would always calculate the things I did,  before I did them, without even realizing it.

I am much much MUCH happier now being free of that restraint. If people don't like/love me for the way I am, they can eat my shorts!




No comments:

Post a Comment