Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Green Light: Fall Semester Goals


I've never really set goals throughout college but this year I have a few.

Grades

I have never done it before. I have gotten VERY close but it's never happened to me.

What is it that I have never done?

I've NEVER gotten straight A's.

I really want to get it this semester and next semester so I can graduate with honors. My GPA is hanging on a 3.495. What do I need, to graduate with that beautiful golden cord wrapped around my neck? a 3.5!

.005 is standing in my way of graduating with a cum laude.

I am failing HARD at not procrastinating, but hey, I do much better procrastinating than I do starting ahead. At least....I think I do? I'm playing off of D's motivation this semester to do well and it's working. I've been getting better at this "getting work done ahead of time" thing that crazy people do.

Luckily my classes this semester do not seem ridiculously hard. I just need to put my mind and effort into it because I never really did before hand.

Boys

This is an interesting subject for me. That's only because I am so conflicted with what I want.

The rational side of me tells me I don't want to be in a relationship my senior year. Boys should not be my priority, I have plenty of time for them later after I graduate.

The girly irrational side of me tells me to jump on the boy bandwagon and hook line a sinker one ASAP.

All I know is, this year I will be keeping my mouth SHUT. Telling people about guys I like and what I am doing with them has gotten me in trouble in the past.

From this point on I refuse to say anything about boys to anyone until I for certain things are getting pretty serious. If not, I will zip my lips shut TIGHT.

I think I will always be conflicted between finding someone and seeing them as "getting in the way". Boys in the past for me have been nothing but trouble and a waste of my precious time.

I am hoping one (in the near future) comes along that will be perfect for me.

Maybe that's too much to ask? 

Eh. Whatever!

Ultimately

In the end, I just want to have a good year. A year with no drama, heartbreak and grades I'm not satisfied with.

Hopefully all of these new beginnings will catapult me through it with ease and lots of fun!

It has been really good so far. A major change of pace and I'm really enjoying it.

So, let the liquor keep flowing and the good times rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment