Friday, September 14, 2012

Love Road Block: Liking Jerks?

Cute Video by WongFu Productions

Everyone says that the nice guy loses and the asshole always gets the girl. I'm pretty sure I've found the conclusion to MY reason.

I get really uncomfortable when guys act like gentlemen towards me. A.k.a opening doors, waiting for me to go first, buying things for me and just....taking care of me in general.

I'm just REALLY not used to it.

I've also realized I'm digging my own grave with this one too. Because I'm not used to being treated like a "lady" I don't react in the stereotypical ladylike manner. All I can say is "thank you" and smile. There is not much of a positive reaction other than that to inform an interested guy that I am also interested.

So here comes the "digging my own grave part".

I am used to being teased, made fun of, and provoked, all of which do not make me uncomfortable that I know exactly how to react to these situations. They get the biggest rise out of me. Whether it be positive or not.

Especially when it's just flirting I react SO much more to teasing and playfulness than I do to "gentlemanlyness". So of course if a guy is into me, he will drop the gentlemanly manners and shoot for all of the above.

I'm still a lady guys! I still want to be treated like one too! Yes, it's my fault. I need to get used to guys wanting to be there for me and be my "man".

But I've been single for so long that I'm stuck in this "independent woman" rut. I'm so used to taking care of myself and others (before me) that I forget that other people are genuinely nice.

Cynical, I know.

Well men of the word (one in particular, hehe) your teasing and all is appreciated and very fun but please keep your sweet, gentle, chivalrous side with you at all times.


No comments:

Post a Comment